Presidents’ Day is an opportunity to remember all the great leaders of our country. To celebrate, we asked past presidents of Missouri REALTORS® to share their favorite leadership quotes. Here are some pieces of wisdom to help inspire you this year.
- “I think the purpose of life is to be useful, responsible, honorable, and compassionate. It is, above all, to matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.” - Leo Rosten…submitted by Richard Mendenhall
- “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do & let them surprise you with the results.” - George S Patton…submitted by Larry Apple
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood." - Steven Covey…submitted by Sharon Keating
- "A president's hardest task is not to do what is right, but to know what is right."- Lyndon Baines Johnson…submitted by Miles F. Noennig
- “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou….submitted by T. David Rogers
- “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” - Anonymous…submitted by Bruce Aydt
- "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just isn't so." - Mark Twain...submitted by Jim Gamble
- “Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.” - Will Rogers…submitted by Kay Gerken
- “One of the best ways to persuade others is with your ears, by listening to them.” - Dean Rusk…submitted by Jim Asbury
If you have a favorite leadership quote share it in the comments below. And enjoy this national holiday!