REALTORS® work hard to support the American Dream, so use the Fourth of July to share information about homeownership with your clients. Write an email or a note to let them know how excited you are to be working with them and how happy you are that they value the American Dream as well. They’re sure to appreciate your kind words – especially if they come attached to a red, white and blue treat!
Whip up one of these festive desserts to give to clients along with your patriotic message. The best part of baking these red, white and blue treats is that you can use the leftovers for your family get-together as well!
- Patriotic Puppy Chow. Puppy chow, muddy buddy snack mix, monkey chow…this snack has a bunch of silly names, but they all mean the same delicious mix. Use chocolate, powdered sugar and cereal to make the standard mix, then add red and blue M&M’s to make it patriotic. Keep it in the shade if you serve it at a party – the chocolate will melt – or pack it into cellophane bags to pass out to clients. Bonus tip: This popcorn recipe is a similar idea with slightly different ingredients.
- Firecracker Cupcakes. This sweet dessert has a surprise in the middle! Bake cupcakes as usual (this recipe calls for vanilla, but you can use any flavor you’d like) and once they’re cool cut out the middle of each one. You’ll then fill them with red, white and blue sprinkles. Nobody will expect the fun filling, which will remind them of fireworks! Get creative with the decorating as well – use different colored icing, sprinkles and even an assortment of small decorations.
- Fourth of July Fruit Salad. For a healthy alternative to a sugar-filled dessert recipe, try making your very own red, white and blue fruit salad. All you’ll need are blueberries, strawberries, cherries and watermelon. To make the recipe extra special, grab a star-shaped cookie cutter to use on your watermelon pieces.
- American flag donuts. With these donuts you won’t have to wait until lunchtime to celebrate the fourth. If you’re feeling ambitious you can make your donuts from scratch, but if you’re crunched for time (or just not a baker) store-bought donuts will be just fine. Donuts are all the rage right now, and the American flag design is sure to wow everyone.
- Red and blue drinks. Don’t forget the patriotic drinks! Try out this blue Sonic copy-cat or give homemade strawberry lemonade a try. They’re both kid friendly and pack a big punch.
What are your favorite Fourth of July recipes? Do you do any Fourth of July marketing? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and happy fourth!